|Worship with us every Sunday at 10 AM.|
|• ||Adult Study Hour (9:00 AM)|
|• ||Music program directed by Rosanna Rains|
|• ||Children’s Time (10:15 AM)|
|• ||Nursery and Sunday School Activities (10:30 AM)|
|• ||Cookies, snacks, and coffee (11:00 AM)|
|For directions to our church, click here.|
By the word affirming, we signify our support and celebration of all human relationships based on commitment, loyalty, love & mutual respect.
Lent and Easter!
On Ash Wednesday we entered the holy season of Lent, when we ponder our own need for grace and remember the journey of Jesus to Jerusalem, where he suffered and died. During Holy Week our congregation has special observances.
Please see the column to the right for more information.
- On Palm Sunday, April 14, our children march with palm branches during the processional hymn. We remember Jesus' entry into Jerusalem.
- On Maundy Thursday, April 18, we enjoy a common meal of stew. All are invited to bring one or more stew ingredients (carrots, potatoes, onions, meat, etc.) to the church by 10:00 a.m. After the meal, we celebrate the Lord's Supper.
- On Good Friday, April 19, our sanctuary is open for meditation and prayer from noon until 3:00. See Matthew 27:45.
On April 21 we celebrate Easter, the resurrection of Christ!
Other activities are on-going. At the church, please consider taking part in out regular weekday activities:
Also, our Deacons and Trustees meet every second Saturday at 9:30 and 10:30, respectively.
- Pastor Schmitt leads a meditation group every Wednesday morning at 9:00. Coffee and snacks are enjoyed afterwards.
- Rev. Melinda Townsend leads a yoga group for an hour every Saturday morning at 8:30 in the Boulevard Room.
- Our congregation continually collects non-perishable foods for the Jefferson County "Action Center." Put food items in the grocery cart in the Church Foyer. The final Sunday of each month is a "deadline" for that month.
Saturday, April 13
Deacons, 9:30. Trustees, 10:30.
Palm Sunday. Children march with palm branches during the processional hymn.
Maundy Thursday. Common meal of stew at 6:30, followed by the Lord's Supper.
Good Friday. Sanctuary open for meditation and prayer from noon until 3:00.
Easter Sunday. Christ is risen!
Earth Day. Special observance during our worship service.
The Wheat Ridge Congregational Church of the United Church of Christ is a loving fellowship committed to following the Word of God through the teachings of Jesus Christ.
We are an Open and Affirming Congregation.
Here's a sample of a few of Claudia's sermons. We will be posting additional sermons as time goes by. For an index of sermons, click here.