By the word affirming, we signify our support and celebration of all human relationships based on commitment, loyalty, love & mutual respect.
Our church building is an impressive, practical brick structure designed by Marvin E. Knedler Associates. Church offices, chapel, and classrooms were built and occupied in 1956. The spacious sanctuary, including balcony, choir loft, and Wicks pipe organ, was completed in 1963. The sanctuary and balcony can seat 280 worshipers.
We have 3300 square feet of classroom area and a 3000-square-foot fellowship hall and adjacent kitchen facility. Our 725-square-foot chapel is used for meetings, study, and special events. The paved parking lot is located behind the church (away from the street). It has spaces for 90 vehicles.
From the street.
Our sanctuary at Christmas.
From the chancel looking down the aisle. Note that there are no columns beneath the balcony. It is supported from above.
Stained Glass Window from the old Congregational Church on Federal Boulevard, now in the entry way at our present location.
There are currently no upcoming activities or events.
The Wheat Ridge Congregational Church of the United Church of Christ is a loving fellowship committed to following the Word of God through the teachings of Jesus Christ.
The United Church of Christ has a somewhat liberal or open-minded reputation. The United Church of Christ was formed in 1957 by a merger of the Congregational Christian and the Evangelical and Reformed ("E & R") denominations.
Wheat Ridge Congregational Church is a relatively small congregation. However, what we may lack in membership size we more than make up for in enthusiasm, generosity, and Christian love.